[arachne] Re: Soundblaster 16

  • From: wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 00:45:40 -0000

Hi Cal,

Can't be sure, but from what you've described the
sound card may be bad.  Even if it doesn't work, the
drivers will load, and the OS/sound player will send
signals to it.  At one time there used to be a utility
to test Sound Blaster cards, but not sure if they can
still be downloaded or not, might be worth a search
on Yahoo, Google, Bing or other search engine.
Perhaps someone on the list has ready access to it?
I haven't booted my DOS PC in a couple of weeks, but
I might fire it up and see if I still have it.

Glenn
aka Wiz