[arachne] Re: DOS only or? (Vista drivers)

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:18:20 +0930

On Fri, 9 May 2008 20:54:42 -0400 (EDT), ewalt@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> The last software I purchased was a CD with Office 97 that my daughter
> needed for school. It was part of a deal for signing up with a
> local ISP. Her word processing class was limited to Word and my
> daughter wanted to use "what everyone else was using". There really
> wasn't a choice.

I used Word 5 on a Macintosh back about 25 years ago. It was an
excellent program and did everything I could ever have wanted to do with
word processing.

10 years ago, I used Word-for-Windows. It seemed to be the same program,
but ran a heck of a lot slower even on an allegedly faster computer, and
used a heck of a lot more memory.

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E