[arachne] Re: DOS only or? (Vista drivers)

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 16:19:02 -0700

Hi Sam,
                 The thing that bugs me the most
about the compatibility issue is when one
DOES  ASK or at least reads the info printed
on the outside of the sealed shrink-wrapped
box, and......it says........that it works with the
Windows version that one is using and the rest
of the hardware one is using.....SO.....one buys it
and goes home to install it.   When you get it home
and you unpack it and read the installation
directions, then, right there in plain printed text, it
says,  "Needs such-and-such a CPU to work."
Of course, my CPU is "always" just one CPU
too slow.  I have had this happen to me several
times, so now I am surprized when I buy something
and it actually installs.  I even have a shelf where I
put all the upgrade boards, etc. that I'm saving 'til
I get a newer computer they will work on.

Eric