[HG-PBEM] Re: Fast and Furious!

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:17:50 -0600 (MDT)

[GM: Sorry that this took so long. I kept thinking that I'd get to it
during my vivit with family, but it kept slipping. I should be more prompt
from now on. On with he race...!]

>> Silas' laughter cuold be heard over the comm. "Looks like the Tiger lost
>> it's claws," he taunted.
>
> "Let's put her out and focus on Billy," Juliette commented, drifting off
> to the right around a pillar while switching to her underslung light
> grenade launcher. Taking aim on Jory's Tiger, she added, "Hang on Shamus.
> We're coming."
>
> "Whenever you can get around to it, Juliette," said Shamus, nonchalant.
> His Iguana weaved in front of Billy mockingly.

Jory's Tiger had taken a close position behind Billy, criss-crossing
across his tail. "Blue Three," the Jory called out. "I'm on your tail, but
we've got to make some room behind us. Any suggestions?"

Billy let a smile slip as he continued to grit his teeth through the
slalom course, working to match his Gear's stiffer turning radius to the
pillars. "We could drop them a surprise."

Jory just smiled as she flipped her Gear's auotcannon over the machines
right shoulder and holstered it. "I follow you, Blue Three. You want to
call the shot?"

"Sure," Billy replied, grunting as he almost hit another pillar.

Meanwhile, Juliette was trying to find her shot on Jory. The Tiger was
weaving just out of sight with each pass.

"I'm going to try and flank 'em, Red Two?" Silas called Juliette. "Keep
your pace."

[...]

Silas quickly dropped his transmission's gears, kicking up the RPMs in his
v-engine. He whipped his Gear behind Juliette and then shot past her,
sending his Warrior careening left, all the way up the half pipe and
riding the edge like a tight rope. Silas had his autocannon at the ready,
took quick aim and let fly a virtual straff at Billy and Jory that hit
only vitual pavement.

At nearly the same time, Juliette saw her opening as Jory weaved to the
right. She let loose with a grenade. Similtaneously, Billy shouted now.
The pair each dropped a strobe grenade on the track, right in Juliette's
path.  Juliette had little time to react, weaving to let the grenades
bounce past before they flashed. Doing so, she watched her vitual grenade
hit the ground, missing Jory. However, the oblong shape of Billy and
Jory's hand grenades made them bounce unexpectedly toward Juliette. Her
HUD registered the damage.

[...Juliette?]

Silas grunted as he piloted his Gear back into the forest of pillars,
slipping behind Juliette. "Damn," he cursed. "Sorry, Red Two. Don't fret
though, we're up a point on them still."

[...Anybody?]

Back at the front of the pack, Shamus took another shot at Keavy, who was
trying desperately to put distance between she and the old man, but her
piloting skills were feeling off. It was frustrating her. Fortunately,
Shamus missed again as her Cheetah streaked behind another pillar.

Ahead, the first corkscrew was fast approaching. That was when Silas burst
over everyone's comm. "By the way, did I tell you all that the simulation
includes vitual spikes in the next segment?" There was an intended
smugness to his voice.

[...]

[GM: OK, no one has still lost any points (See the Bulwark 1000 point
table). We're moving into the corkscrew now. Thresholds were made assuming
everyone is going flat out minus 10% for the slaloming. Everyone makes it.
Griz, Keavy scored a higher MOS than Shamus, so she makes some gains ont
he corkscrew and into the start of the wall slalom. ^_^

I'll be waiting another turn before rolling threshold for the walled
slalom, segment 6. However, everyone should feel free to write up a short
bit on segment 6. John, Silas will basically follow your tactical lead
again. Scott, you and John can work out what you want or need over the
comm. Griz, Billy and Jory are still at your dispossal for anything
specific that you need.

Again, if you want to see any of the MOS/MOF values in the future; let me
know. Again, everyone met their course thresholds of the corkscrew, BTW.
New initiative below. (Lots of low rolls this time.)]

[Tracking Info --
http://www.bluething.org/overdrive/track_kad_bulwark1000.html

Track Segment# 5-6
1 Keavy (Blue/Runner) [7]