[HG-PBEM] Re: Searching for Rohgen and party

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:51:13 -0600
On 30 May 2003, at 15:05, David Kelk wrote:

> "Perhaps they're still in the compound then." Terry suggested.  "I'm
> all ears if you have any ideas." He said to Sloavenski.

"Perhaps," Gustav responded to Terry. He stroked his chin, his eyes
scanning over the ground. "My guess is that our teammates didn't go
willingly. If that's true, then our suspects would be lugging three
heavy persons." He looked up at Terry. "That's not exactly the best
postion to be hiding out in, if you ask me."

[...]

"Hmm," Slovenski frowned, clearly looking frustrated. "Ms. Dominic,
could you take us to the site where you found the abandoned carts?
I'd like to inspect them."

"Sure," Ms. Dominic agreed. "She nodded over to the South. We can
walk if you like." Slovenski nodded and beckoned the others to follow.
"There's no time to lose. Let's go."

The 300 meters went quickly. The carts were parked between  two
independent piles of junk parts. Nearby, a vent stack stuck out of the
ground. By the smell lingering, it seemed to be venting small
amounts of methane gas.  Slovenski scouted around, while everyone
looked about themselves.