[HG-PBEM] Re: Fast and Furious!

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 00:42:02 -0400

> The girl took a quick glance back.  It looked like Fastlane's Iguana was
> just itching to unload on her.  Go figure, Keavy was going to get shot in
> the back again.  "How're you doing back there Jory?" she said over the
> comm.
>
> "I'm a bit tied down at the moment," Jory called out noticing Silas
> slipping slightly behind her, "but I'll do my best. Blue three, protect
> Keavy."
>
> "I'll try," Billy replied, close behind Fastlane. The moment of truth now
> loomed as Keavy's Cheetah entered the banked turn. "Locked and loaded,"
> Billy finished.
>
> You're mine, Jory," Silas called out.
>
> "Fat chance, old man," The woman retorted as she continued to try and
> maneuver her Tiger around Juliette as they entered the banked turn.
> Watching for the right moment, Juliette hit her brakes, letting Jory slip
> past.
>
> "Whoa!" Jory called out. "Your not shooting me in the back, girl!" With
> that, Jory pivoted her Gear on a one foot and raised her autocannon. The
> pillars approaching her fast from behind.
>
> Keavy had already entered the pillar slalom and started swathing through
> them with Shamus hot on her tail. Billy saw his shot on Shamus. "I'm
> taking it," he instinctively called out.

"Go for it Bill..er...Blue Three."  Keavy said enthusiastically.  The
Cheetah spun its rapiers again as Keavy weaved through the concrete pillars.
Looking back at Shamus she addressed him.  "Pop quiz Hotshot.  Do you want
take a shot at the Cheetah and get shot in the back or defend to the rear
and get skewered by girl with the big pointy sticks?  "

> [GM: OK, initiative. Here's the best way to do this, IMO. I will just roll
> initative collectively. Anyone that is in range, and that you have
> initiative against, you can inititiate an attack or other action against.
> I'll list initative after each PC title (i.e. Blue/Runner, etc.) in
> [...]'s under the Tracking Info. In the case of ties between players or
> NPCs, we'll reroll an secondary initative between the two characters in
> question. This second initative will only apply for that action between
> those respective charaters. All secondary action penalties apply. Make
> sense. I think this is the best way for us to keep the freeform posting
> structure and daling with combat initiative effectively without bogging
> down the posting. Let me know if your confused or if you have other ideas
> that you think are better.
>
> [Tracking Info --
> http://www.bluething.org/overdrive/track_kad_bulwark1000.html
>
> Track Segment# 4
> 1 Keavy (Blue/Runner) [5]
> 2 Shamus (Red/Runner) [7]
> 3 Billy (Blue/Runner) [7]
> 4 Jory (Blue/Blocker) [5]
> 5 Juliette (Red/Blocker) [6]
> 6 Silas (Red/Runner) [6]
>
> Billy is trying attack Shamus, so we'll roll secondary initiative to break
> the tie. Shamus 7, Billy 4. Shamus has initative over Billy. Everyone, go!
> ^_^]

Keavy is going to spend this round with a full dodge and continue to taunt
Fastlane.  :)

Griz