[amayausers] Re: thread question

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:38:49 -0400

My parents and myself have used Isacord for 15 years and never noticed any
problems with dyes. The thread runs great. I ran a 300 cap job last month
with only 4 thread breaks.

Steve

From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: thread question
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:37:28 -0600

Fred

I have also heard this before where some companies [not saying all] will
reuse incorrectly dyed color threads for black. I know when we used
rayon threads, we found that the black tended to be weaker but since
switching to poly, haven't really noticed much difference between black
and the other colors.

As far as having more thread problems as you get closer to the core of
the spool, we have never run across that. We use / have used Ackermann,
Marathon and Gunold threads and try to use the spool right to the end
[or as close as we can get - depending on the design].

Bob

.

Fred Lebow wrote:

 >Please note that I know stabilizers or backings.
 >I am no thread guru nor do I claim to be!
 >As far as I know - when thread companies dye to spec for a large company
things get screwed up !  - often enough!