[amayausers] Re: thread question

  • From: "Fred Lebow" <flebow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 00:54:57 -0600

Please note that I know stabilizers or backings.
I am no thread guru nor do I claim to be!
As far as I know - when thread companies dye to spec for a large company things
get screwed up !  - often enough!
These and other off colors are usually dyed to black
As that is the easiest to dump to!

So, its like an overcooked stew.
Some part can be weaker or more tender than others! -  however -
That has little to do w individual spool winding.

Fred

Just some musing for this afternoon..     I understand that black thread
is
the weakest due to the over dying.  Are spools of thread weaker nearer
the cone or outside?  If so, is it only on certain colors?  Does it
matter for 1000 M vs. 5000 M cones?

Fred Lebow
Floriani Embroidery Sewing and Quilting Products
Commercial Division
406 854-2322
flebow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.rnkdistributing.com