[amayausers] Re: need Digitizer

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:30:53 -0400

One thing we learned way back....COPY YOUR FILES. All my computers,
mac and PC, have built in Zip drive, for fast copies. Yeah, I know-CD
copies are cheaper, but first you need to know how in the world to
burn a CD! I haven't figured that out yet-have lots of mini frisbees
to play with from my attempts.
Zips are great...but I am going to have to learn to burn....
But backup, backup, backup! I try to 'defrag' every computer at least
every 6 months-and copy off files before I do it. If you put them in
a folder (named Customer files for example) and then have the same
file on your zip-all you have to do is drag the computer folder and
drop it on the zip folder-and it will 'overwrite' the old ones and
not fill up the disk.
Can't do that with CD's....yet.

Any files I get from customers (mostly MAC for signs and screening) I
automatically copy to my harddrive and put the disk or zip from them
in a stack-and don't touch it again. That way I have it for reference
later. Also, doublecheck all files that you get-I had a dealership
send me a CD with a layout for one banner...and found on the disk was
an entire set of ALL the company logos and variations in every format
I could think of! Yup, copied them.....came in very handy for other
dealerships that couldn't find their logos for me!
Fonts show up on disks also....so see what else they gave you and
copy what you need and might want!
Roland