[amayausers.com] Re: large orders

  • From: Steve Cohen <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:53:40 -0400

Michele

First you need to get an estimate how many stitches are in the design. My
contractor charges me $2.61 total for 6000-9999 stitches but they would
probably run it on a 8 head machine so it would be profitable for them.
I just did a job that was 144 shirts at 3100 stitches (all one color and no
trimming needed) on my single head at $2.75 each for sewing plus the shirt. The
shirt was done before I could hoop the next item. It was still very profitable
for me at the end. I did it in one day, $396 income just for the embroidery. I
worked my butt off for 10 hours.
Anyways, I would spend 5 minutes and do a rough estimate of a stitch count to
see what will work for you.

From: michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[amayausers.com] large ordersDate: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:27:09 -0400

I have someone that called for a quote on 100 shirts.  I have only one machine
and the design is just part of a column, like a cement pillar, and lettering, I
told her I’d charge her $10 for the design set up because the column wasn’t
going to be that hard to digitize and off the top of my head, $4 per shirt not
having the slighted idea on how many stitches it would be.  She said my
digitizing fee was better, but my embroidery price was higher, they quoted her
2.75 per shirt.  How do people do this?  And am I wrong in not saying I would
do the same thing?  I’m actually thinking of calling her back and telling her
the digitizing setup would be free and 3.25 per shirt.

What do you think.  I’d hate to lose out on 300.00, but that will be a lot more
work for me because of only one machine and I’m sure the other company that
quoted her had more.

Michele Zimmer
Carefree Creations
Michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.CarefreeCreations.com
Making the world a better place one message at a time.
http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_BetterPlace