[amayausers] Re: colourgraduations

  • From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 10:25:03 -0700

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, IF I AM ASLEEP ON THIS SOMEONE WAKE ME UP!!!

As you blend colors together the idea is to blend the density as well.

Example: If you have an area that you want to have a blended fill, and you
have determined that a 3.8 density is the coverage you want/need, you need
to have the fill reduce density as the colors come together. This can be
done easily in DS (if you have the appropriate level) by using the "effects"
section in the fill properties. I will admit it takes practice. You want the
density where the colors merge to be the same as your overall density. So at
the end of the fills merging you density should be in the 7.6 range and
reducing as the blends go away from each other. . (7.6  divided by 2 = 3.8)
This technique also applies to columns.

Make any sense?

Herb
Royal Embroidery