[amayausers] Re: bobbin thread sliding to the left.

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:05:19 -0500

Ed-not being a computer geek or rocket science-I learn from the ground
up...the hard way. Having done a lot of Scout training the analogies come
easy-using a 'visual picture' helps explain stuff fast. Going 'overboard'
(link fence and rope) is so easy to visualize instead of 'thread size' and
'weave pattern'....isn't it!
Now if they can just make a 'flip down' magnifying lens in front of the
needle case so I stop putting those darn needles in backwards with my bad
eyesight...LOL
As for making it through first year of business...I'm amazed at how many
people open up a shop and have no concept of cost/wholesale/retail pricing
and overhead, etc.....and wonder why they have no profit left but are busy
all the time! Great to work out of your house with no overhead-until you
have to move into a commercial spot and suddenly your pricing is way out of
whack!
Should be part of the training-'business cash flow 101-how not to go
bankrupt!'
Back to work....no rest for the wicked!
Roland

From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>

Say Roland,
    You've got that right!  This really is a sophisticated science.  And
it's amazing how many of us make it through our first year of business
knowing only squat.  (I'm referring to myself, of course.)
Oh, and great analogy - the chain link fence.  Okay if I use it?  I love
analogies.

And as for the dandruff.  I heard Selson Blue works well.

Ed