[amayausers] Re: unwanted trims

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:58:33 -0500

To add some notes to Ed's explanation...which is dead on-I had the same
problems with some Dakota files.
To speed up sewing-I walked through the design and figured out which color
could sew first-and instead of having 'trim' all over the place, I added a
walk normal stitch to go from one to the other-as long as that walk stitch
would be 'buried' under another color sewn later on. As Ed says, check your
'input' and 'exit' points-many times those are not set for a consecutive
sewing-uninterrupted with no trims. It takes a little time to reset your
colors-but each 'trim' is about 20-30 seconds of time-add it up-and you can
remove several minutes from each sewout. I've cut sew time in half on some
designs-removing manual underlayment and setting the 'column fill' to make
its own underlayment, 'walking' between same color areas, etc.
Just have to keep in mind that the majority of designs you 'buy' from the
books, etc. was not created with the Amaya in mind-it is a 'generic' format
for all machines and the Amayas can run much faster and more efficient if
you reset the design to work 'with' the Amaya.
Each time you clean up and reset a design you'll get faster at it.
Roland