[amayausers] Re: bobbin thread sliding to the left.

  • From: "Iris Embroidery" <irisembroidery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:04:30 -0800

Hello All,

  Here are the results of my test regarding the bobbin thread one sided and
hence causing dandruff on the top.

  Test 1:

  Started off with a new bobbin case, bobbin spool(NEB plastic sided white),
woven shirt, 1 cutaway sewn on royal colored cloth.  No difference.  I was
able to see the dandruff consistently on the top.  This was lettering of
0.5" letter ht. 120% column width, monotype corsiva, 100% column width.
Tension of the bobbin was normal with the drop .

  Test 2:

  I then copied a part of the digitized design (sewn before without
problems).  Same results with the bobbin thread showing on the top. Tension
normal.

  Test 3:

  I ran the same digitized design with a tighter bobbin.  It caused a thread
break and I increased the MT from 3 to 4.  Sew without thread breaks for the
rest.  Not as much dandruff, but the bobbin thread was one sided.

  I really do not care how wide the bobbin shows on the bottom, but do care
when it shows on the top consistently even if it is a few places.  I can
look at it and say that something is not right.  I know for sure that my
machine needs a checkup to fix this problem.

  Thanks for all your help.

Veena

Iris Embroidery
www.IrisEmbroidery.com