[amayausers] Re: blanket (throw) embroidering

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:53:38 EDT

Were you aware you can make your own bobbins with the same color embroidery
thread? You can either use an empty cardboard one (wind by hand--good for a
small onesie) or purchase metal L bobbins at a local fabric store and use a
sewing machine (some have used a drill). I did this for some flannel throws
where the design was a single color.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 5/1/2006 7:21:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
digitalstitchz@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Just  realized a possible solution for the "white" bobbin thread.  Someone
brought a karate belt in with a red stripe and wanted a second one  added.
It looked like they had used red bobbin and I was jealous,  until closer
inspection.  It was a permanent marker pen!  So,  for your normal colors,
just mark the white out.  I did his second  stipe and the red on both sides
looked great, even if one side was  permanent marker red!
Barbara Ott
Digital Stitchz