[amayausers] Re: backing question

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:52:46 -0800

Re: [amayausers] Re: backing questionRoland,

I buy precut 20" x 4" 3oz tearaway from CH Holderby out of Seattle and it works
great.  You can cut it in half for single backing or fold over and use doubled.
 Also, they have 3oz cutaway in 6.5" x 6.5" squares that I use for almost all
of my left chest backing.  They have different precut sizes as well as large
rolls which I buy for jacket backs, etc.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, OR
    From: "image embriodery" <imageembroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:32:43 -0500
    To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Roland,
    Thanks for the quick repsonse!
    Do you use 3 oz. for mostly sweatshirts?
    I have the 2 oz. 8 x 8 sheets and I will occassionally double that up on
items.
    Backing can be tricky sometimes. Trial & error.

    LuAnn

        From: "image embriodery" <imageembroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:11:19 -0500
        To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [amayausers] backing question

        Good mroning all!

        Quick question. I just finished doing set up on a design for a
sweatshirt front.
        Finished size is 8 x 9 inches.
        Mostly text...1/2 inch tall Athlethic Flair.
        Two states...Solid fills about 2 inches high.
        What would anyone suggest for backing? Cut away or tear away?

        Thanks..
        LuAnn @ Image Embroidery
        Because Your "Image" Matters