[amayausers] Re: backing question

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:06:09 -0600

Hi LuAnn,
I'm curious as to why would you not use a cutaway even though the design is
10 X 10?  Any fabric that is unstable--knits, etc. should use a cutaway for
stability.  The garment might look fine after embroidery but once the
customer washes it (and sweatshirts usually get lots of washing), it might
twist and pull and the embroidery would not look very pretty.  Lots of work
and expense for a garment I'd possibly want to toss after washing and
drying. I always use cutaway on the bottom and solvy on the top.  Just my 2
cents...
Sharon