[amayausers.com] Re: XT does 2 slows stitches and stops

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 03:06:23 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/889/2.html#000016

Gini,
Actually, the name "Force Download" is appropriately named for that feature.

The computer only "downloads" files to the machine if it detects that a newer
version file has been introduced to the machine when the machine is turned on.

If the file that is in the machine becomes corrupt, you need to tell the
computer to "FORCE" the download to the machine even though the file version
number is the same.

If you leave this feature turned on, then the computer "forces a download"
(redundantly) everytime you turn the machine on.
This feature was designed to be turned on only when needed and then turned off
after the machine and software was restarted.
2009 software automatically turns this feature off for you after a reboot.
If you need to use this feature on a regular basis, you have other problems to
be concerned with.
Should you need to remember where this feature is, call YOUR local technician
and he or she should be able to walk you through it over the phone.  As a tech,
I try to make myself available to my customers at all hours and even on
weekends and holidays when Melco is closed.

Good luck to you,
Ed Orantes