[amayausers.com] Re: XT Sewing poorly

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 02:31:42 UT

This message was posted by Judy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/913.html#000009

Hi there....jumping in with my two Lincoln coins.

Embroidery thread that is 40 weight is also tex 27 (just depends on what you
use to gauge or measure it).  Tex 20 would be THINNER, probably more like 60
weight.  60 weight embroidery thread is a pain in and of itself, but is great
for ultra fine details.  I can't imagine how fragile tex 20 cotton must be to
handle!  The normal thread you'll be using is 40 wt, or tex 27, embroidery
thread.  If you use something other than embroidery thread, you will be
a-m-a-z-e-d at the amount of lint that will accumulate, because embroidery
thread is lower lint than sewing thread.  If you absolutely need a cotton
thread, use rayon embroidery thread, 40 weight, which is a highly processed
cotton.