[amayausers.com] Re: XT Sewing poorly

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:51:26 UT

This message was posted by YDCustom on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/913.html#000005

Hi Rod,

Sorry to not have given enough info.  As I said, I've only been doing
embroidery like this for a month now and I'm still woefully short on knowledge.
 I'm only having this problem on one of our 5 machines.  I've actually been
running the same design successfully (no thread breaks, even!) on another
machine.

The machine in question is an Amaya XT.
We had a tech (Hugo) here at the beginning of March and he replaced our
trimmers and some computer parts and did a complete servicing and lubrication.
We are using a 1.5oz tearaway backing on 100% cotton sheeting.
We have acti-feed set to auto and the thread settings set to the cotton thread
default.
The needles are in frontways and are oriented properly.
The needles we are using are Organ size 70/10 sharps.  The cotton thread is a
Tex 20.
I have no idea about the presser foot - I believed my tech when he said he had
it set right...  I suppose I need to figure out how to check that!

Megan