[amayausers.com] Re: Use of 60 wt thread on Amaya?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 19:22:12 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1453.html#000009

Did 100 shirts last week.  The customer insisted on very small text for the tag
line.  Ordered 60wt thread from my Robison-Anton supplier.  Have had no
problems with the R-A 40wt thread.  This 60wt is trash [IMHO].  It is a spun
polyester which is a different process than the 40wt.  It is "lumpy" and fuzzy
and extremely difficult to thread the needle.  It is much easier to thread the
40wt thread through the needle than this 60wt.  My distributor suggested to try
using bobbin thread instead of the 60wt.  It also does not come off the spool
very easily.

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington VA