[amayausers] Re: Roller Maintenance

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:32:43 -0700

Anand,

If you do some simple math it works out better in the long run in my
opinion.  For example, I just ran 600+ polos for a prison.  The design took
25 min on my EMT machine at 650 SPM.  Same design took 18 min on my AMAYA at
1000 SPM.  I saved 7 min per shirt on the AMAYA.  Multiply that times 600
and by sewing them on my AMAYA I saved 4200 min or 70 hours in production on
AMAYA vs EMT.  After running the 600 shirts on 2 AMAYA's then I had to
grease the rolers and do some Maintenance on both AMAYA's to the tune of say
2 or 3 hours.  So I still saved over 65 hours in production.  So, comparing
apples to apples which do you prefer?

I am seriously considering trading in my 4 head EMT for 3 AMAYAs and I
beleive if I traded it in for 2 AMAYA's I would be ahead in production and
with 3 I will be able to out sew the 4 head easily plus have the versitility
to run 3 different designs if I need to although those 3 would probably
mostly run the same design.

Just my opinion.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn