[amayausers.com] Re: Red Pinch Rollers

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 06:57:14 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/299.html#000008

Debbie,
Just glad to help a little as I crash in a motel room when working on the road.

You're needle 16 issue sounds perplexing.  My guess that your thread feed
system on that one needle is not correct.  Possibly thread tangled in that one
gear drive assembly.  Color change to needle #1 then move to the left side of
the machine and look behind the needle case at the row of white gear rollers.
See if anything looks different than all of the other 15 white gears.  You
could also need some lubrication on that red pinch roller.  I can't imagine it
would be your thread break sensor unless more than one needle was demonstrating
problems.  If your bobbin tension were the culprit, then you would have
problems on more than one needle too.  Is it possible you don't have needle 16
threaded correctly???
Maybe it's time to clean or time for a new red pinch roller or yellow thread
feed roller or both on needle 16.  If these two rollers, that work together to
pinch the thread, are allowing the thread to slip between them, then you could
wind up having more thread in the thread path than is required and then the
thread detection does what it's supposed to do because there's too much thread
in the thread path.
I hope one of these suggestions solves your problem.
Take care,
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer