[amayausers.com] Re: Tech Advice Needed

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 06:38:42 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/302.html#000003

Linus,
I have had several customers with the same scenario and this was their two
options.  Purchase the helicoil kit from Melco and you will have to understand
how to replace a helicoil or learn trying.  The other option would be to
replace the entire X-carriage which would be a few dollars different from the
helicoil kit but you would have all new helicoil threads for all of your hoop
arm screws.  The most difficult part of replacing the X-carriage is aligning
two of the four X-carriage roller bearings.  Not really that bad if you have a
good set of allen wrenches, open ended wrenches, and a little manual dexterity.
 I personally can replace an X-carriage in about 30 minutes from start to
finish but I also have replaced a few in the last 7 years.
I always recommend to my customers that it's wise to put a drop of oil on the
threads of these hoop arm screws, say.. once every six months, just to keep
these threads "wet" which allows everything to slide easier.  When you finally
get everything back to normal, try doing this to prevent futher possible
helicoil issues.
Good luck pal.
Ed Orantes