[amayausers.com] Re: Red Pinch Rollers

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:00:43 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/299.html#000006

Guys,
Let's set the record straight.
If you break off one or more of the three little red prongs in the center of
the red thread feed pinch roller, it doesn't hurt to replace the roller.
You're only looking at .44 cents per roller.  If you have broken off a prong or
more, then you are forcing the red rollers onto the black arm.  If the roller
doesn't easily snap onto the black arm, simply roll it around a little bit and
try again.  When putting on these red rollers, you should have every other arm
lifted up.  After doing the even numbers, push down the even arms then lift up
the odd arms and work on those.
If the black arm is getting broken off, then you are applying too much side
pressure to the arm.  I tell my customers to "encourage" the arm and not to
"force" the arm if any pressure is thought to be necessary.  This information
applies to needles 2 thru 16.  If you need to replace the red roller on needle
1, then I suggest you remove the needle case front cover.  It's only two screws
and you DON'T have to remove it all the way so that you need to re-thread all
16 needles.  Just slightly remove it forward so that you can access the red
roller on needle 1.  Be sure to pull out about an arms lenght of thread on all
16 needles prior to doing this so that the needles don't get de-threaded.
Now, as for the black arm...  You can purchase this part by itself (p/n
30618-01), however it is not recommended that you attempt replacing it, nor the
entire thread feed assembly, yourself because there are calibrations to the
thread feed assembly that must be done following the repair and if you are not
familiar with this area, then you might be creating more problems for yourself
and ultimately need a service call to repair more than just the broken arm.
But if you're willing to attempt it alone, more power to you.  Personally, I'd
rather have a 14 or 15 needle machine than a machine that doesn't sew on any
needles because I messed up the thread feed alignment which is shared across
all needles.
Hoping this info helps.  (Not trying to upset anyone, just that my info is
based on real Amaya owner experiences.)
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer