[amayausers.com] Re: Pricing

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 13:32:04 UT

This message was posted by amayaki on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1570.html#000002

Before I bought a multi-needle embroidery machine, I looked very carefully  and
CLOSELY at the QUALITY of stitchery for general embroidery, and lettering in
particular. Ask to see some of your friend's son's el-cheapo embroidered items.
It does sound to me, as if your friend is trying to get a good deal for her son
(as you would), and you should heed R&S's reply about 'reading between the
lines'

I hunt out decent 2nd-hand clothing which may have inferior quality embroidery,
and cut out and mount the said embroidery to illustrate the difference beteen
'them' and me. Clients mostly haven't go a clue about embroidery quality, but
with a little education through demonstration, I have had consistent re-orders.

I don't do 'mate's rates'. I have enough confidence in the quality of my
workmanship to be a price MAKER not a price TAKER. Perhaps submit a sample of
your quality embroidery by way of a quote, but dont sacrifice your friendship
for a few pieces of silver. Head up, shoulders back. Smile and be positive
about yourself and your prices.