[amayausers.com] Re: Pricing

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:35:13 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1570.html#000001

I am sure there will be many who can offer helpful insight for you. Several
years back when we first started, I was told that I needed to make at least $25
to $30 an hour to realize any profit. The pricing of $1.00 per thousand
stitches was the going rate back then. If you only have one machine, you have
to charge more than those of us who have more machines. You must realize a
profit and be able to pay your taxes and put some away for the day you need to
replace supplies and perhaps a service call on a machine.  Sometimes you must
let those who charge near nothing have the job and it won't be too long before
they realize it is a hobby and not a business for them. I hope you are reading
between the lines!  Good luck, Sharon