[amayausers] Re: Pique polos

  • From: "Jack Fuller" <Jack@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:01:20 -0600

Mary
A year or so ago, Outer Banks had problems with some of their shirts. By and
large they are decent shirts. But the type of shirt depends on the end user.
If your customer is going to put them landscapers then lower end shirts like
Anvil 6003 or Gildan 31000 might be better suited. You can buy these 100%
cotton shirts for $6 to $7. But if he is going to put them on office staff
or sales staff who go out in the community he might want to try the moisture
management shirts which are in the $15 range. Just about every brand has
them. If he has a need for tall sizes try TriMountain. They go from XS to 6
XLT and have lots of women's style shirts. As far as sewing on pique goes,
the default settings in the fabric adjust feature on your Amaya will do
well. Use a 2 1/2 ounce cut away backing. Be certain you adjust the presser
foot properly. It might beneficial if you try a few sew outs first on some
scrap pique. You should always do a sew out on every new design. You can do
this on doubled up backing though.

Jack Fuller