[amayausers] Re: Patches??

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:41:13 -0700

I sub out my larger patch jobs to http://www.patchsupply.com/ . Their min order is 50 ,they use Madiera poly thread, turnaround time around 4 weeks, patches done overseas.

For smaller orders I buy patch material from Troy and set them up so I sew several at a time on large hoops. I make a walk stitch in the pattern I want the patch and send them up to Andrew at Salem Emblem Shop to have them Merrowed for .50 - .75 each. I just did 50 patches. I sewed them on Wed, sent them to Andrew and got them back yesterday. I used tackle twill on these last ones with double backing. Couldn't get the right color in the patch material. We did kelly green patches with upside down cows for the Boy Scouts Cow Tippers :)

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, OR
----- Original Message ----- From: "LuAnn DeFrisco" <luann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
#2 Tara Grommet pliers  $19.99
#2 Tara Grommets box of 50  $10.99
heavy duty counter grommet setter-looks like a 'bottle capper' rig- $209
$239, 3 models to choose from. I think those have 'self piercing'
grommets-so its all done in one motion. The pliers (I have a pair) have to
'cut' the hole, then you spin the jaw and set the grommets. Haven't tried
it
on towels yet but on nylon canvas banners it went slick-but the brass
grommet didn't set nice and 'neat' like an anvil and hammer would. Might
take some practice I guess.
The 'hand and hammer' style set is $19.99 for the hole 'cutter die' and
$39.99 for the grommet die and anvil. I've used that setup for 10 years
but
it's very tiring doing a lot at one time.
Roland