[amayausers.com] Re: Patches

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:09:23 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/1142.html#000001

You will never make money on patches doing it yourself...not if you charge the
same per thousand stitches that you do for anything else.
If your quantity is 50 or more (for my suppliers) than it is easier and more
profitable to send it out and not go through the hassles, you also will have a
perfect 'merrow' edge on them. Most companies will allow you to send your own
digitized layout, saves a lot of time.
I use EMT company 317-803-2400 and have for probably 20 years. They have
'retail' pricing and 'wholesale' cost and will NOT deal 'direct' with anyone,
unlike some companies out there that sell to anyone that puts in an order.
Can't compete with that. I do up a 'proof' sewout for the customer on my Amaya
and then send the order to EMT. That way, I already have the customer logo or
whatever digitized here for shirts, hats, etc. ready to go along with patches!
Easy to 'upsell' them with a few other items. Easy enough to sew it out on a
small tote bag to deliver their patches in and that usually results in an order.