[amayausers.com] Re: Machine down, Tech guessing!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:05:08 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/782/2.html#000019

Steve,
The map you speak of is referred to as a "Schematic Diagram" of the main
circuit board.

All companies highly guard their "schematics" and only let specific employees
gain access to them because should they fall into the wrong hands, one could
then have the circuits reverse engineered, patents could be busted, competitors
could manufacture more boards and ultimately the company would lose money.
Before getting into embroidery, I used to manage and run a large circuit board
manufacturing plant for 10 years.

Melco is able to charge what they charge due to supply and demand and so they
will.  We as customers of Melco, and all other machine companies, must realize
that circuit board failure is a potential reality and simply prepare in
advance, financially, for such an occasion.

Should a board fail within the first two years in a new machine, Melco usually
covers that under warranty but after that, one must take their own provisions
such as putting $50-$100 bucks aside each month per head.

Ed