[amayausers.com] Re: Machine down, Tech guessing!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 04:08:07 UT

This message was posted by Ian on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/782/2.html#000015

Dave, Sorry to hear about your troubles, This indeed happend to me a couple of
weeks ago(z axis error). Melco sent both the motor and the board. The tech
explained to me that if the motor goes out it more than likely will fry the
board. The tech came and retraced our original diagnostics, then replaced the
board. This fixed the issue. We spent the rest of the time running test designs
and going over the finer points of maintenance that I wouldnt get in basic
training. After sewing about 30k stitches and not getting any issues, he told
me that if my machine was several years old, he would have automatically
switched out the motor, but since the machine was 6 months old this made no
sense to do this, as the parts that are sent out are often reconditiond and the
parts in a new machine are new. I was very happy with the way Melco handled
this in spite of the travel charge. Of course my "happines" was held up by the
fact that my machine was under warranty.

Ian
btownpixelprint.com