[amayausers] Re: Machine Choice

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 18:06:49 UT

This message was posted by Barb on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/4.html

Hello, everyone! I'm a newbie and am in the confusing stage of choosing which
machine to purchase. Help! Any suggestions for questions to ask at a trade show
- going to ISS next week - such as the most important considerations, etc.  If
anyone can take the time to advise me, I'd greatly appreciate it.  We are
concerned about the learning curve for the Design Shop Pro software, especially
in how much artistic talent is needed to learn digitizing and have the designs
stitch out nicely. I do believe we want a two-head even to start, especially
with the dual design capability. This is a HUGE point with Amaya XT. Agree, or
disagree? Those of you who already use this, are there dificulties, issues to
be aware of, downsides, etc.?

Anyone have suggestions about setting up your workshop? - i.e. cool ideas for
storage of supplies, optimal lighting, arrangement of equipment, etc. We'll be
converting a bonus room over a garage, so we will have almost no full height
walls, mostly knee-walls, one window, 13.5 x 20 feet.

In advance thank you to any who respond.
Barb, The EmbroiderMe Shop