[amayausers] Re: Machine Choice

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:09:50 UT

This message was posted by oldkush on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/4.html#000004

First, I do not have any personal experience with DesignShop software but do
know that many are happy with it. Other software along the lines of DesignShop
which you may wish to check out are Wilcom and Pulse.

If you are new to embroidery, I do not necessarily agree that you should
consider two heads to start. If you are interested in the Amaya, what is wrong
with buying one now and then adding a second later if the workload dictates
that you need another machine ?? Just as a side note, the ability to network
individual machines together, is not limited to the Amaya .... there are
machines from other manufacturer's which also offer this ability.

Embroidery has a fairly steep learning curve and for those new to the business,
I personally would recommend that they concentrate on learning the machine
first. Once comfortable with machine operation, servicing and regular
maintenance, then tackle the digitizing software.

As far as the room goes .... plenty of light and table room.

Since you will be attending the ISS show, take that opportunity to look at what
the industry has to offer .... and regardless of what anyone may imply or tell
you, embroidery is not a pop in a design, push a button and customers will be
beating down your door kind of business. It takes a lot of knowledge,
experience, hard work, skill and business sense to succeed.

Bob