[amayausers.com] Re: How long does a needle last?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:46:36 UT

This message was posted by mary o on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/903.html#000013

I was just following the above steps and after oiling in the slots (actually I
took the front cover off to see everything) and after oiling I went from needle
to needle doing a head up to observe.  I started at needle 16 and went all the
way back to needle 2 and then tried to move over to do a head up on needle one
when it got stuck and would nly go 1/2 way between needle 2 and needle one.
The machine made a nasty noise and stopped and I got a    I look under the
sensor menu and most every thing
x axis -952
y axix -146
z axix -20
color change blocked  and the rest are open
I got the error "Color change timeout"    and the needle is stuck between 1 and
2 and if I try to move back to a different needle, it does not go to the
correct position but stays half way between correct positions until I restart
the machine.  Still will not go all the way over to needle one though.  At some
point in trying to figure out what is going on I get this error "color change
stepper index error - off index when sewing"  I don't see anything stuck or
anything physicall holding it up.