[amayausers.com] Re: How long does a needle last?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:13:18 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/903.html#000010

Mud,

You were originally talking 150,000 plus stitches on 1 needle....the reference
to time was based on the 1 needle. It would not be necessary to lube all
needles if only using the 1 needle mentioned....

I tell all of the people I train to not use the "timers" as the gospel. I do
tell them to consider, before a production run, to determine how many colors
are in the design, which needles are going to be used and to then lube these
needle bars, rollers and put a few extra drops of oil in the reciprocator slot
and to oil the rotary hook....then go to town....you stay way ahead of the lube
game this way and will have far less frustration because of the lack of
lubrication on those critical areas of the machine.....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer