[amayausers] Re: Cap Frames

  • From: "Cheryl Rotter" <tsiemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:18:42 -0700

Lori,
I am relatively new to embroidery (Nov 04) and all I have right now is
the WACF. It took quite a few hats (50 or 60) to get the hang of hooping
it correctly. Now that I have learned to hoop it, I do appreciate that
it can sew the sides at the same time as the front.  Just try to get
someone experienced show you the important issues with the hat.  You
have to make sure the hat is caught properly in the little teeth, and
make sure it is seated into the teeth.  Give it a little pull from the
back and push it into the teeth. Then close the teeth and when its
closed pull the bill back to make sure those teeth are caught. It's easy
to close the cap frame but those teeth aren't properly interlaced. I
don't use the clips on the side for two reasons, time and without them
the hat can "breathe a little bit" as a wise man on this list pointed
out to me. There's my two cents from a novice.

Cheryl Rotter
Team Sports Ink
5111 Grumann Dr. Ste #1B
Carson City, NV 89706