[amayausers.com] Re: Cap Frames

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 03:30:03 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/964/2.html#000016

As I said the cap frame has its way, plain and simple. If you don't hoop the
cap correctly, if the design is too high, if the design is not too tall but
being sewn too high on the cap, if you try to bend the bill back on the cap
attemting to get a deeper bite on the hat band, if you don't use enough backing
for the teeth to bite into, If the cap is not hooped tightly enough, if the cap
driver is not installed correctly, if the cap driver designation selection is
incorrect, should I go on?

The trace function and it pushing the cap off of the frame can only lend one to
think that some of the aforementioned items may be suspect. The sewing arm is
riding against the inside crown of the cap and pushing it off of the teeth. If
the bill of the cap is bent back and the hatband is forced more to the rear,
you have just sealed your fate...failure, because when the cap bill is pushed
back into the bill trap , it will lift the center of the cap and release the
teeth in this area and the sewing arm on the trace will do the rest for you....

You mentioned more than once, "I know how to hoop caps" that may be so with
other cap frame/drivers, but not so with the XT Extended/WACF...I just spoke
with Herb Acree and he told me he just completed 5 dozen caps....I would bet he
did not even have one pushed off or fall off the frame. The frame does work, am
I real fond of it, no, can I make it work without failure, yes, but do I have
to follow strict procedure to make it work properly, absolutley...

You have not given us any info to speak of...no backing size, design size, how
close you are sewing to the bill or the crown of the cap, what cap, structured
or unstructured or answers to any of the items listed above.....??????

If you watched the video and did exactly as Herb is demonstrating, assuming
that the machine is set up correctly and the design is not too tall, etc....you
will be sucessful.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer