[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin thread peeking up thru design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:35:36 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/283.html#000014

Jim,

I suppose the easy way to determine this is to measure the take-up lever throw
at the high point and then at the low point. We hang a 12 gram weight on a
piece of thread attached to the take up lever. Attach a metric ruler to the
base casting and rotate the Z axis by hand. Take note of the high and low
measurements. They should be between 48 to 51mm high and low. Any thing out
side of this box will indicate wear on the disk. If the cam disk is worn, then
the take-up lever cannot go to it's maximum required travel on the upstroke and
will not pull the thread up tightly around the thread break sensor, which will
then cause the auto activ-feed to not function properly....etc...

Replacement of this disk means needle case assembly, thread feed roller
assembly, presser foot assembly, and reciprocator assembly removal. It is not a
task one without specialized training should attempt.....

Rod Springer