[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin thread peeking up thru design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:43:14 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/283.html#000012

Jim,
The old home embroidery guideline of 1/3rd top thread 1/3rd bobbin, 1/3rd top
thread when you look at the reverse side of your embroidry is still not a bad
way to judge what is happening with your bobbin column. It dsoesn't mean that
it covers all situations tho.....

The 40 column column feed that you are referring to, is the default setting and
100 is the default setting for the run/fill. You can watch the little graphic
diagrams to the right side of the display to get a visual of what is happening
when you increase or decrease the numbers. When you make the bobbin column
narrower, then it will pull the top thread tighter toward the middle of the
column. Auto activ-feed IF it is working properly will then compensate for this
exta tightness and feed out more top thread and keep the bobbin thread from
being pulled to the top.

 Increasing the run/fill will allow more thread to be added to each stitch
length, but will not change the length of the individual stitch, thereby
allowing the thread to sit on top of the garment rather than being pulled too
tightly down into the fabric.

Now, there are certain things that will GREATLY affect these tools to function
properly. One is the auto activ-feed system. IF it is not functioning properly,
then thread tension, which is based on CORRECT take-up lever throw travel,
which is also dependent on the CORRECT gear mesh setting of the main threadfeed
drive gear and the takeup levers, will not be tight enough for the acti-feed
system to read properly, to control the proper amount of thread at the right
time. Now, having said all of that, another machine part that is heavily
involved in determining the proper takeup lever travel is the takeup lever cam
disk. IF it is worn, than nothing else will work properly either.

There are other things to be aware of, like proper tension on the X-axis cable
and the age of the machine, the wear on it based on lubrication practices and
many of the other items already mentioned in the above posts.

Sorry to make it sound like it is a complicated problem but I see it as a tech
should see it..."everything" must be "right", for everything to work right!!

The only real clue to what you are saying is that as you put it-----"
Well, the reason for me scratching my head is that it didn't use to do this
before (for years!), and I'm fairly certain that I'm not doing anything
different." For years? This tells me that there could be considerable wear on
certain parts of the machine and this is where the problem lies....for a tech
to properly check out ALL of the critical functions of the machine, takes
approximately 5 hours, give or take, depending on what is found in the process.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer