[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin thread peeking up thru design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:46:05 UT

This message was posted by Laughing Palm on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/283.html#000005

Thanks for those who posted replies.  I'm just now getting back to addressing
this issue after being gone on vacation!

I had already tried new bobbin cases, and they don't seem to have an effect on
the problem.

Ed...I test bobbin tensions with a TOWA bobbin tension gauge.  I've tried
setting the bobbin tension tighter, and even looser - all to no avail.  I also
checked the bobbin cases for trapped lint, etc...no problems there.

I'm intrigued by Margaret's reference to a cracked gear, so I'll have to check
that out - but I would think that it would also mess up my regular stitching if
that were the case - however it's something to check out!

Interestingly enough, I had a tech come out only a few months ago and do a
thorough checkout of the machine - it's the process that techs supposedly do
before they cover your machine for the extended warranty - and although I'm not
very confident that he did such a great job of it (he was only at it for about
an hour), he didn't indicate that there was anything that needed to be repaired
on the machine.  And I was having this issue before he came out, so nothing
changed.    :(

The good news is that it doesn't happen ALL the time - just enough to be
bothersome! -sigh-