[amayausers.com] Re: Bobbin thread peeking up thru design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:15:45 UT

This message was posted by Laughing Palm on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/283.html#000013

Thanks, Rod.  It may very well be an "aging" issue.  This machine is an
original Amaya I purchased 5 years ago, although for the age of the machine, I
don't believe it has all that many stitches on it - and I've been very
meticulous about keeping the lubrication/maintenance up-to-date.

I spoke with another tech that also made some suggestions concerning specific
things to check out, so I'm going to go over those and see if any of them
affect my output.

I did have a Melco-recommended technician come out and give the machine what
was supposed to be an entire going over not too long ago, but it only took
about an hour or so, so I have to conclude that it wasn't that exhaustive an
inspection!

Is there any way I can determine for myself if the takeup lever cam disk is
worn?