[amayausers] Re: Best fix for loose stitches

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:02:42 -0500

LuAnn, when we run into it too late (too late to adjust tension or MT) then
first we see if we can grab the offending thread from behind and pull it
through the material-and fraycheck or super glue it from the back. The last
resort is cutting it on the front and risking puling it out. Better to have
it in the back glued down.
Usually, the looping comes from bad bobbin tension caused by crud in the
bobbin case screwing up the thread tension bar.
For setting MT on the sewout, we use the suggested 'preset' MT's-then watch
the thread on the front of the Amaya where the arm is whipping up and
down-if the thread is really whipping around there, we start lowering the MT
until the thread is fairly straight, before bobbin breaks start. That' s our
easiest 'visual' way to check MT and tension.
Roland