[amayausers] Re: Best fix for loose stitches

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:10:16 -0500

If you just pull the stitch back through and then fraycheck on the back,
don't cut it...less chance of it letting go and pulling out the front later
on. If we worry about it, we use superglue instead ONLY on the back-and the
tiniest drop you can. This will bond the threads together and they will
never pull out or wash out.
If we have a real bad spot with looping, usually from a bobbin problem, we
stop, cut out the offending area, back track on the stitching and restart
that area with tighter MT-and generally you don't see the 'patch' you have
created and threads won't pull through.