[amayausers] Re: Best fix for loose stitches

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 04:29:44 -0600

LuAnn,
    When ever I see a loop of thread like what you've described, I try to
pull it to the back side and then hit it with some "Frey Check".  I also own
a little device I picked up at Wal*Mart in the sewing dept. that is used for
just such an occurrence.  It resembles a large pin and the tail end of the
shaft is kind of scratchy-like as opposed to the front end which is smooth.
You push this "Pin" through what should be the needle penetration where the
loop of thread is going through the fabric and as the scratchy end is pulled
through to the back side of the fabric, it pulls the extra length of thread
thru to the back side with it.  Then, of course, you can hit it with some
Frey Check or Frey Block or simply tie it up/down to the other surrounding
stitches on the back side of the garment with a length of thread.

Ed Orantes