[amayausers] Re: Best fix for loose stitches

  • From: "image embriodery" <imageembroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:40:57 -0500

Ed,

What is that little device called?
Thanks,

LuAnn
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ed Orantes
  To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 5:29 AM
  Subject: [amayausers] Re: Best fix for loose stitches

  LuAnn,
      When ever I see a loop of thread like what you've described, I try to
pull it to the back side and then hit it with some "Frey Check".  I also own a
little device I picked up at Wal*Mart in the sewing dept. that is used for just
such an occurrence.  It resembles a large pin and the tail end of the shaft is
kind of scratchy-like as opposed to the front end which is smooth.  You push
this "Pin" through what should be the needle penetration where the loop of
thread is going through the fabric and as the scratchy end is pulled through to
the back side of the fabric, it pulls the extra length of thread thru to the
back side with it.  Then, of course, you can hit it with some Frey Check or
Frey Block or simply tie it up/down to the other surrounding stitches on the
back side of the garment with a length of thread.

  Ed Orantes