[adtools] Re: Bringing back the possibility to change the default CRT in the specs file

  • From: Andrija Antonijevic <antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 16:07:51 +0200 (Central Europe Daylight Time)

On 8-May-2006, Gunther Nikl wrote:

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 01:40:04AM +0200, Andrija Antonijevic wrote:
One of the things I tried is to add f. ex. amigaos_default_crt_string
static spec in gcc.c which could be changed in the specs file (not really
the cleanest way), but this gets compiled into gcc, cpp etc and is not
available to cc1 where it would need to be read. I thought of some other
possibilities but they were quite messy and not worth the effort.

I would think using a default crt string which gets passed to cc1, is a proper solution. You could make cc1 fail wif no -mcrt= was provided.

That was one of the things I considered: it would mean that we would have to #undef CC1_SPEC and copy its definition from sysv4.h with the addition of something like "-mcrt=%(amigaos_default_crt)".

The downside is that we would have to keep CC1_SPEC synchronized with sysv4.h every time GCC is updated which is a bit more inconvenient than the other solution.

On the other hand, this time I have actually compared CC1_SPEC in sysv4.h in 3.3.6, 4.0.3 and 4.1.0 and found that they are the same. In case CC1_SPEC is mostly static, this would be a better solution. I'll think about this a bit more...

Gunther, since I will be reverting from your changes, is this OK with you?

I won't object to such a change.

OK, great.

Andrija
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools