[adtools] Re: Bringing back the possibility to change the default CRT in the specs file

  • From: Andrija Antonijevic <antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 13:31:28 +0200 (Central Europe Daylight Time)

On 7-May-2006, Nicolas Mendoza wrote:

On Sun, 07 May 2006 01:40:04 +0200, Andrija Antonijevic <antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
So, at this point I'm thinking of changing it back to having %{!ansi: %{!std=*|std=gnu*:-DCLIB2}} -D__CLIB2 -D__CLIB2__ etc in the specs file. Although this is not really the proper way to do it, it's the least painful solution and does the job well.

Why is using the specs file so bad?

The part above (defining different versions of CLIB2 symbol depending on -ansi, -std switches) does things that are the job of the the preprocessor and that it knows about best. Doing it in the specs file is not really that bad, but it's not as clean.

How are other people using several c libraries doing it?

I am not aware of situation like ours where the default CRT can be changed in the specs file, but cygwin's -mno-cygwin option does something similar in the specs file like the part above.

Andrija
Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP