[adtools] Re: Bringing back the possibility to change the default CRT in the specs file

  • From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:54:45 +0200

Andrija Antonijevic <antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Ok thanks. I guess the only think we still need to finally have a new 3.4.x
>> and 4.0.x release is to get the "-pipe" options back. Any idea of how to
>> bring it back? Martin said he already implemented it way back when he ported
>> GCC3 but our current native OS4 version can't deal with -pipe anymore?!?
>
> No, sorry, I haven't been involved in that part of the code. I would
> have to have a look at it but I unfortunately don't have the time
> right now, Marcus would probably be the one who knows best about this.

I have a new half-finished implementation lying around which supports
-pipe without needing to use AmigaOS specific system calls (i.e. no
SDK headers needed).  The downside is that in order to collect the
exit codes of all stages in the pipe it needs to create small scripts
(the system() call does not accept composite commands on the form of
"do this, then do that", so I need to put "do this, then do that" in a
script an system() that) which makes the code a bit awkward.  If this
is not perceived as a problem, I can finish the code up.  Or we could
just go with my old implementation, which needs the SDK headers.

  // Marcus

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP