accessible-iOS Re: Saving Email Attachments on iPod was RE: Re: Song Express question

  • From: "Alan Lemly" <walemly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 19:12:51 -0500

Wayne, I was able to successfully save an mp3 file attachment I emailed
myself to my iPhone 5 using an app called UbiDisk. The current version of
this app is 2.0.1 and it is free. AppleVis has an article about this app at
the following link:

http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/ubidisk-file-manager-downloader-e
asypush

That link may break in the email so be sure and copy it to your browser if
it does.

This app seems logical and easy to use. After I installed it, I went to
email on my iPhone and opened the message with the mp3 file attachment. I
double tapped and held on the file and got the blurp sound and it was saved
on my iPhone. From within UbiDisk, you can examine local files and play them
with a music player built into the app. You can even transfer files between
a PC and your iDevice if both are on the same wireless network and you've
installed the EasySync software from the vendor on your PC.

I'm very glad to find out about this app and thanks to RobH for posting
about it.

Alan Lemly

From: "Alan Lemly" <walemly@xxxxxxxxx
To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:49:41 -0500
Subject: accessible-iOS Saving Email Attachments on iPod was RE:
Re: Song Express question

I think Wayne was asking if he could save emailed music
attachments on his
iPod.  I've not been able to find a way to do this on my iPhone
so I'm hoping
others more knowledgeable on this list can chime in.  Based on
the iOS
restrictions with handling files, I'm thinking this might not be
possible.

Alan Lemly

From: Wayne Scott <waynedscottjr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:25:04 -0600
Subject: accessible-iOS Song Express question

Is there a way I can add songs that people email me to my iTunes
library from my iPod? Keep your eyes on the prize which is Jesus
Christ.

Wayne Scott Jr.
With questions, concerns or issues not related to the topics
discussed on list please email the list admin to:
beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx, or on skype at betoa221, or on twitter:
betoa221

accessible-ios-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe on the
subject line.